Sunday 25 March 2018

Review: Foxglove Summer

Foxglove Summer Foxglove Summer by Ben Aaronovitch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Two young girls go missing in North Herefordshire. Our hero, Peter Grant is sent to ensure that some magical practitioner using 'unethical magical practices' isn't involved.

After the cataclysmic events at the end of the last book Nightingale can't leave London and so our Peter is flying as the sole representative of The Folly. Magic in the country is very different from the city and Peter is very much out of his element, although he is clearly maturing as a magical detective.

I really enjoyed this sortie into the English countryside., although I do miss the London setting. I found the plot easier to follow and I enjoyed the hot, hazy Summer feel to the novel.

This series just goes from strength to strength and I'm loving it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...