Saturday 7 April 2018

Review: Double Play

Double Play Double Play by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A follow up novella to the wildly different and much lamented Nadia Stafford series.

Nadia and Jack are finally together at last. But Jack is called back to Ireland by his old mentor to repay a favour, then Nadia gets a visit from a representative of a vigilante group to tell her than her ex, Quinn, has gone missing in mysterious circumstances.

What appear to be two totally unconnected events start to converge as the plot twists and turns and suddenly everyone's life is in danger.

Loved it, just loved it. I really don't know whether this wasn't a popular series or whether it was too difficult to write, or whether Kelley Armstrong just saw a finite story arc but I really miss this series. I especially love the fact that Jack is an older man (sadly, he's my age although I always picture him as an 'older' man), getting slower and greyer. It's a book written about adults. Oh and assassins.

I hope Kelley Armstrong keeps writing these novellas.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...