Friday 27 July 2018

Review: Egomaniac

Egomaniac Egomaniac by Vi Keeland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love Vi Keeland's book covers and I've tried a few of her books but never really liked them. The guys are too A-hole-ish and/or the women are too flakey/ irritating. But other people love them so I keep trying (okay I'm as shallow as a puddle and I like the covers).

Emerie is a marriage psychologist and has just moved to New York, following her BFF, the guy she's been crushing on for years, and scored a fabulous office space on Park Avenue. Unfortunately she's been scammed and paid $10,000 in cash for someone else's offices.

When Drew Jagger gets back from his vacation in Hawaii he finds a woman working in his office, threatening him with her Krav Maga skills and the police. Anyhoo, push comes to shove and Drew allows Em to share his office in return for her fielding calls from clients while his PA is away for a few weeks.

Drew is a divorced divorce lawyer, he's jaded and cynical about marriage - it's an interesting dynamic that Em is helping to save marriages whilst in the next office Drew is helping to end them. There's an obvious physical attraction between them but they want different things from life. Drew is all about the one night stand and Em needs a connection.

This is, by turns, dirty, sexy, sweet, cute and funny. I lived the contrast between Drew and the guy Em thinks she is in love with.

Finally, I understand why people rave about Vi Keeland's books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...