Friday 20 July 2018

Review: Kings Rising

Kings Rising Kings Rising by C.S. Pacat
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The thrilling and deeply satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. I deducted one star for being too short and not having a lovely long epilogue.

Damen's identity has been exposed to the Verestians, he and Laurent are determined to overthrow Kastor and the Regent and take back their own lands. But how will his people react to finding out that Damen has been Laurent's bed slave?

As always there are twists and turns, bluffs and double-bluffs, betrayals and counter-betrayals. But over all of that was the beautiful love story between Damen and Laurent. I can't say any of the revelations were a surprise - in all of literature are there any Regents who don't try to steal the throne? - but I adored the journey.

Off to buy all of the short stories now!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...