Tuesday 25 September 2018

Review: Reckless in Texas

Reckless in Texas Reckless in Texas by Kari Lynn Dell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Violet Jacobs is a single mom to a four year old, her family breed bulls and she and her cousin Cole are pickup men at local rodeos, she dreams of expanding but her father seems set on doing same-old same old. When their bullfighter is injured for the rest of the season she hires a new one with hopes he might make it permanent.

Joe Cassidy is one of the best bullfighters around but he has a testy relationship with Dick Browning, the owner of Browning Ranch and rodeo, who also happens to be Joe's boss. When Dick fires Joe, JOe's best friend Wyatt decides to get Joe away from Dick by getting him to swap assignments with the bullfighter who was going to work for Jacobs Livestock.

Sparks are flying aplenty between Violet and Joe but she has a history of mistakes with the hot shot bad boys and isn't going to make another.

This book contains more detail about rodeo and bull riding than many other books I have read, I still have to say I didn't understand much of it but that didn't take away my enjoyment - it's on me because I've never seen bull riding, not even on TV, so it's an alien world.

Anyway this is a slow burn kind of romance, more women's fiction, the characters are well drawn and interesting, I will definitely read others in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...