Sunday 30 September 2018

Review: Tougher in Texas

Tougher in Texas Tougher in Texas by Kari Lynn Dell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another winner. Cole Jacobs is the autistic cousin of Violet, the two of them have worked together at rodeos but now she's pregnant he's been forced to work with a series of substitutes. After he runs off yet another cowboy Violet invokes her worst punishment - Shawnee Pickett.

Shawnee is a straight-talking roper, one of her favourite things is winding up Cole with his lists and his regimented view of life, but weeks on the road working cheek by jowl shows both of the them that there is more to the other person than meets the eye.

Wow, this book tackles some really tough issues and doesn't shirk from the unpleasant truth but it also shows the complete joy of working together doing a job you love.

I was surprised because I was hoping for Shawnee and Wyatt - that man is going to be a difficult one to match - but Cole and Shawnee was a good match.

On to the next one, even though I have a ton of ARCs to review - only sad that I got turned down by the publisher for the latest ARC - boo hoo.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...