Sunday 7 October 2018

Review: White Silence

White Silence White Silence by Jodi Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm a big fan of Jodie Taylor's writing but for some reason the blurb for this one didn't drawn me in. But when it was on sale at 99p I decided to give it a go (Jodi's newsletter where she gave a bit more flavour in preparation for the sequel may also have helped).

Elizabeth Cage is a woman with extraordinary powers who had hidden herself away in obscurity and domesticity, until her husband dies in a car crash and she is kidnapped and held at the facility where he used to work by his sinister boss Dr Sorensen.

Held against her will she develops a friendship with another inmate, Michael Jones and begins to explore what her abilities can actually do.

Although I really enjoyed this and have pre-ordered the sequel as a consequence, in retrospect it feels a bit disjointed. Think Ghost Whisperer meets cosy English village romance meets secret government facilities, all delivered with Jodi's trademark wit and snark. It was too cosy to be a thriller, too normal to be paranormal etc.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...