Wednesday 21 November 2018

Review: Fireworks

Fireworks Fireworks by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Three and a half stars.

Not my favourite Sarina Bowen novel.

Skye Copeland is a TV weather presenter until an honest mistake puts her on forced holiday for two weeks. When her scatty step-sister claims she has a scoop and asks her to drive a rental car from New York to Vermont she reluctantly agrees to visit the small town she left 12 years ago. But when she arrives her step-sister gives her the slip and steals the rental car, saying she is mixed up with some dangerous men and Skye should talk to Benito Rossi.

Benito is the man she left town to forget and now she's forced into close proximity. Then Benito lets slip that her sister might be involved in a group smuggling drugs that he is investigating and he seems to want to start up again exactly where they left off as if nothing has happened.

Stepping back and looking at the reasons why I didn't enjoy this book as much as Sarina's other books, I have to say that I found Benito's attitude a bit odd. He hasn't seen or heard from Skye for 12 years and yet he is calling her "honey" right from the start. Also, we see more of Skye's POV so we feel as though Benito has behaved badly(view spoiler). It is only at the end that Benito turned it around for me.

My favourite refrain, I liked it but I didn't love it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...