Sunday 18 November 2018

Review: A Nordic King

A Nordic King A Nordic King by Karina Halle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Suckered in by the cover.

Australian nanny to the rich and famous gets the opportunity to be a nanny to the KIng of Denmark's two little girls. In a palace and kingdom mourning the Queen's death in a tragic car accident, Aurora's youth, short skirts, and irreverent humour are a big hit with the two princesses, not so much with the disagreeable (but very hot) King Aksel. Of course both Aksel and Aurora have secrets that they keep from each other, of course it blow up in their faces. I was a bit disappointed that the middle of the book appeared just to consist of Aurora and Aksel having sex in closets and corridors and sneaking in and out of each other's rooms. It all felt a bit rinse and repeat and there was a lot of hair pulling and drenching. Overall, I felt that the emphasis on sex led to the 'plot' being shunted to the very end of the novel and there was so little angst generated by the big secret that it was fairly irrelevant.

Of course, I'm not a big fan of royal romances so that may colour my views.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...