Tuesday 31 August 2021

Review: Begin Again Again

Begin Again Again Begin Again Again by Eve Dangerfield
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

DNF at 64%.

Post-pandemic lockdown Beth Myers us keen to get out of her friend's house and start meeting guys again, she wolf whistles a guy in a car and they arrange a sort-of date/not-date. No-one is more surprised than Beth when the guy turns up, but he is taking enigmatic to an excessive level (my view, not Beth's) refusing to answer questions but forcing Beth to answer his.

Bryon Thomas was almost an AFL (Australian Football League) superstar until he injured himself badly, then his girl left him, and now he works as a labourer with his alcoholic Dad, drinking too much and feeling sorry for himself.

I tried to like this, I really did but honestly Bryon and Beth are just pretty unlikable characters, Bryon in particular, and so I gave up at 64%.

Many thanks to the author Eve Dangerfield for gifting me a copy of this book for review, sorry I didn't like it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...