Tuesday 17 August 2021

Review: Flirt With Me

Flirt With Me Flirt With Me by Kristen Proby
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Meh, meh, meh.

Maeve O'Callaghan is a real-estate agent on a small, but exclusive island, just across Puget Sound from Seattle by day. By night she tends bar at her family's Irish bar. Clearly this is a spin-off of a spin-off given that this is seventeenth in the With Me in Seattle series, and I'm afraid it shows. A cast of multiple couples, most of them rich, famous, or both, yet all working in the family bar, come on?

Hunter Meyers has recently retired from MMA. He's a single father with a wayward teenage daughter, desperate to get her out of Seattle and away from the bad influences. He's engaged Maeve to find him a house with a view.

This book just screams category small-town romance to me. Pretty short, some dramatic tension which is (frankly) over before it has even begun, a flaky baby-mamma who tries to cause trouble, and some brief smexy times (so brief that I worried about Hunter's stamina LOL).

I'm sorry to say I've read loads of this type of book before with a stereotypical large Irish family, each sibling (and usually then cousins or newly discovered half-siblings) getting their own book. After a while they all get a bit same-same and this is no exception.

I received an ARC of this book from Valentine PR & Literary Management in return for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...