Monday 9 January 2023

Review: Sing Me a Secret

Sing Me a Secret Sing Me a Secret by Julie Houston
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The four Sutherland sisters have gone on to brilliant careers. Juno is a GP, Lexia, the youngest, is a former popstar, Pandora was a barrister and Ariadne is a teacher, despite their father leaving when Lexia was a teenager and their mother Helen's subsequent mental health issues.

Lexia hasn't been home to Midhope for decades, pretty much ever since she was discovered on a talent show when she was just seventeen. But her footballer husband Theo Ryan has just been signed for Midhope Town so she is moving back. But her arrival uncovers a web of secrets that will rock the family to its core.

Meanwhile, Pandora has entered the village choir into an Andrew Lloyd Webber amateur singing competition and is organising the choir with ruthless efficiency, bringing her keen legal brain to producing the best version of Jesus Christ Superstar seen outside Broadway.

Juno is learning to cope with a part-time GP job and looking after her two children after her husband has accepted a twelve-month appointment in Boston, Massachusetts. But when a new GP starts at the practice she finds herself drawn to him. Is he a womaniser luring all nearby women with his charms, or is she falling for a colleague? Now I'm convinced that I've read another Julie Houston book featuring Juno but I can't for the life of me find it. I'm not sure if its because all her books are set in the same small town and the stories are interlinked or I'm just rubbish at googling!

Anyway, after a slow start this turned out to be a fun read.

Read on my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...