Wednesday 2 August 2023

Review: Murder in Chianti

Murder in Chianti Murder in Chianti by T.A. Williams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When the Australian owner of a swanky golf and tennis country club in Tuscany is found battered to death on his own golf course Inspector Virgilio ropes in Dan Armstrong (ex-pat retired British detective) to nose about and glean the gossip from the predominantly Australian/English staff by taking a few tennis lessons. Dan discovers that the victim Rex Hunter was not a popular man, recently remarried to a young woman half his age he had a reputation for pestering female staff, shady business practices, cheating at golf, and firing anyone who beat him. In fact the list of suspects keeps growing and no-one has a reliable alibi.

I enjoyed this second novel in the series. It has bedded down nicely with Dan's ability to speak both English and Italian an asset to the local police force. I look forward to reading the next one.

Read on my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...