Monday 14 August 2023

Review: Things I Forgot About

Things I Forgot About Things I Forgot About by Kelsey Humphreys
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kat Canton does it all. Single mom, businesswoman, entrepreneur, handywoman, hotel receptionist, bartender, and organiser of various events in her small home town. Attending (under protest) her father’s quarterly board meetings for his Canton Tracking shipping company, she is astonished to see British Billionaire Dennis DeLane in attendance. Last time she saw him was at a Canton family wedding shouting abuse at her cousin Sadie. Now apparently he’s here in the Ozarks helping dig her father out of the financial mess he’s created, and apparently failing to recognise Kat at all, thinking she’s the intern.

Kat’s always been a rebel, mostly just to annoy her abusive father, so she plays up the image with neon coloured hair, biker boots, goth t-shirts and lots of eyeliner. Dennis on the other hand, doesn’t seem to be able to wear anything but a three-piece suit and tie, even at the weekends.
No matter where Kat turns, there is Dennis. All the hotels in town are full, so he has to stay at the Roadside Inn where she works. Her father sends him to the Roadside Inn for dinner, he hits it off with Kat’s daughter Lucy and offers to give maths tutoring. If only he weren’t such a stuffed shirt, pompous *ss.

I loved this, I’m a sucker for opposites attract romances and Kat and Dennis were such great characters.

Thank you to Kelsey Humphreys for sending me an ARC in return for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...