Monday 14 August 2023

Review: Things I Should Have Said: An Introvert/Extrovert Romantic Comedy

Things I Should Have Said: An Introvert/Extrovert Romantic Comedy Things I Should Have Said: An Introvert/Extrovert Romantic Comedy by Kelsey Humphreys
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Three and a half stars.

Meet Skye Canton, introverted artist, keen to tell you she's nothing like Zooey Deschanel. She doesn't like talking to people and she doesn't want people to know that she's one of the Oklahoma Cantons that own the national brand Canton Cards.

On a turbulent flight to New York Skye meets Matt James, a hoodie wearing numbers guy into IT and app development. A brief encounter, a connection, but they part ways without exchanging numbers. Until Matt turns up at Skye's art exhibition three months later. Matt is smooth, a people-person, Skye's exact opposite, and it turns out that they aren't just on opposing sides when it comes to (American) football.

As I've said, I'm reading these out of order and this is not my favourite so far. Some of the reveals seemed a bit obvious. Matt was really not fleshed out as a character in the same way as say Emerson or Dennis are in the second and fifth books. Also, Skye just seemed to have too many issues, TBH I didn't really see why Matt fell in love with her. But putting aside those negatives (which are only in comparison to the latter books) this was a fast-paced, engaging opposites attract romance.

Read on my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...