Wednesday 18 October 2023

Review: Dredemere Castle

Dredemere Castle Dredemere Castle by G.J. Bellamy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Three and a half stars.

I read this five days ago, yet when I read the blurb I could not recall a single thing that happened!

Sophie Burgoyne is a minor aristocrat, daughter of an impoverished vicar, who has set up rather an unusual business as both a typing and employment agency. Through a cousin, she has also become a police spy working for the Foreign Office and some of her most trusted friends/employees assist her.

At a pivotal moment in Egyptian history, an Egyptian statesman is in England, he is due to meet with British politicians at Dredemere Castle to broker Egyptian independence, however there is a strong risk that he will be assassinated. Security is heavy, with police surrounding the castle, and Sophie and her team are undercover. But as always, there are so many people undercover or playing a part that it is difficult to determine allegiances.

This was probably my favourite of the series (out of the four I have read).

Read on my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...