Wednesday 16 October 2024

Review: The Canning Town Murder

The Canning Town Murder The Canning Town Murder by Mike Hollow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The second outing for the Blitz detective. After a night of bombing an ARP clean-up crew find a woman's body amongst the wreckage, the only trouble was ... the body wasn't there when they cleared the site earlier that evening.

Detective Inspector John Jago and Detective Constable Cradock are called in to investigate. The woman is Mary Watkins, an HR administrator for a local factory which, among other things, is manufacturing transistors for secret government work.

Jago's investigation encompasses Fifth Columnists, black marketeering, blackmail, bigamy, and just plain greed.

This series is growing on me nicely, some personal development between Jago and the American journalist and good historical detail.

Apologies for the brief review, I've returned from holiday with half a dozen books to review!

Read on my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Canning Town Murder

The Canning Town Murder by Mike Hollow My rating: 4 of 5 stars The second outing for the Blitz detective...