Wednesday 9 October 2024

Review: The Soho Murder

The Soho Murder The Soho Murder by Mike Hollow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the ninth book in the series, I hadn't read any of the others and it didn't affect my enjoyment of the plot.

Detective Inspector John Jago and his trusty sidekick are called to disreputable Soho where an antiquarian bookseller has been found shot in his own flat. The man, only fairly recently married (ie last few years), owned a bookshop and his wife owned an ecclesiastical printing business and bookshop.

Investigating the murder will take John deep into Soho, exploring the jazz clubs which tip off their (male) customers, and the underground card games which sucker in losers.

This was a well-written and fast-paced detective story, set against the backdrop of the Blitz. On the strength of this book I have downloaded the first two in the series (which are currently available on Kindle Unlimited if anyone wants to try before they buy).

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: We Could Be So Good

We Could Be So Good by Cat Sebastian My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nick Russo is a big brawny Italian American...