Friday 25 October 2019

Review: Highland Fling

Highland Fling Highland Fling by Katie Fforde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jenny Porter is a virtual assistant. One of her clients sends her to Scotland to assess a textile mill which owes him a lot of money. Along the way Jenny meets cranky, entitled Scottish nobility, bad-tempered holiday-makers, troubled family members and the coldest house you can imagine.

This is classic Katie Fforde, sweet, slightly put-upon heroines, condescending boyfriends who are most definitely NOT the one, enigmatic heroes and a host of side characters each with their own story to tell. If I think about the plot carefully there are huge holes in it, way too many coincidences and a romance in which the protagonists fall in love with no provocation but I don't care, Katie Fforde novels to me are a form of escapism and I enjoy them. At least this time the hero's feelings for Jenny seemed clear to the reader, even if he did have a bad case of insta-lurve!

If you always dreamed of spending Christmas in a big old scottish house stuffed full of antiques with highland reels, kilts and more shortbread than you can shake a stick at then I'm sure you'll love it too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...