Thursday 24 October 2019

Review: Moonlighter

Moonlighter Moonlighter by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Four and a half stars, Sarina Bowen does it again!

This is the start of a new series and is a cross-over with Sarina's Brooklyn Bruisers series.

Eric Bayer is a successful hockey player for the Brooklyn Bruisers but he is considered the slacker in his family: his father and brother run a cyber security business so secretive he doesn't even know its name. He has six weeks holiday before the season starts but gets roped into acting as part bodyguard/part boyfriend for an old family friend, tech billionaire Alex Engels. Alex has to present to a tech conference in Hawaii and is three months pregnant by her abusive ex-boyfriend.

This isn't just a romance between a hot hockey player and a pregnant tech billionaire (who also happens to be a childhood friend), there's also industrial espionage to contend with. If I'm totally honest I thought this was a bit too obvious and I have my suspicions about Mr Smith, an unresolved point which will perhaps act as a segue into the next book which I suspect will involve Eric's brother Max and his beautiful second-in-command.

Anyhoo, as I repeatedly say I would read the back of a cereal box if Sarina Bowen wrote it, she has such a great way of creating memorable characters and I loved the way she defied my expectations about the romance between Eric and Alex after Hawaii.

Eagerly awaiting the next book in this exciting new series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...