Tuesday 1 October 2019

Review: Ray

Ray Ray by Jennifer Ashley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Single mom inherits a rundown B&B from her grandfather. But his will stipulates that she must restore the B&B and have paying customers within a year or she loses everything. With no money she's determined to tackle the task and make a new life for her and her daughter - then a quiet cowboy in the hardware shop offers to help …

There was nothing wrong with this, maybe the lack of romantic tension made this more of a meh than a yeah for me. I found the character of Ray just a bit boring and the villain was just too much like a cardboard cut-out. I suspect Jennifer Ashley also found Ray a bit boring because we also saw three other couples get together in the book, as if she didn't think Ray was interesting enough on his own.

A pleasant read but not one I'm likely to read again.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...