Thursday 7 November 2019

Review: The Bromance Book Club

The Bromance Book Club The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Gavin Scott is a millionaire baseball star, recently separated from his wife, and mother to his twin daughters, Thea. After three years of marriage Gavin discovers his wife has been faking it in bed, ironically after she has an orgasm. Humiliated Gavin retreated to the spare room, then gave her the silent treatment; which led to the separation.

Cornered in his skanky hotel room where he is drowning in a bottle of whisky, Gavin is introduced to the top secret men's book club where they read historical romances and learn how to understand women. Armed with his new-found knowledge, can Gavin woo his own wife?

I read several reviews of this before it was released and loved the premise of a group of high-powered businessmen and professional athletes reading historical romances as an insight into what a woman needs. Reading the book did not disappoint, it had everything I would expect from a second-chance sports romance with that added layer of historical romance. I also liked that the blame for the failure of their marriage was spread between Gavin and Thea, not just the wife as so often happens.

Overall, I really enjoyed this funny romance and I will definitely be looking to read the second book in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...