Wednesday 6 November 2019

Review: Trusting Tanner

Trusting Tanner Trusting Tanner by Lexi Lawton
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

DNF at 37%.

So, mea culpa, this book has been sitting on my TBR pile for 30 months. In the first version I was sent the hero was so obnoxious I hated him within a few pages. Then a few weeks later the publisher sent an updated copy based on feedback from early reviews, so I felt obligated to give it another try, but in the words of toddlers everywhere I don' wanna. So there it say on my TBR pile silently judging me, until today.

So, the problem is, in 30 months I'm over NA/YA angst, the billionaires, the mean girls, the angst, the lip gnawing, the detailed clothing descriptions etc, etc.

If you like YA/NA then I think you'll enjoy this. Julianna has been dumped and belittled by her ex-boyfriend. An orphan (naturally), her only friend is the devastatingly handsome Devon, but they are just friends. Then she gets paired up with the Adonis-like Tanner in one of her college classes and it's like, yanno, like insta-lurve. She does nothing, says nothing, is nothing special but Tanner is totally smitten but she's so torn up by what her ex did/said that she won't believe this guy could like her - of course whilst having a series of non-dates with the guy in which he tells her constantly that she is beautiful and amazing.

Horses for courses, not for me but others may love it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...