Wednesday 27 November 2019

Review: The October Man

The October Man The October Man by Ben Aaronovitch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I held off reading this novella because of the price, which frankly is more than I would want to pay for a full-length book, and also because friends were not impressed.

First off, yes it's a novella of 192 pages. Second, this is set in Trier in Germany and there are only passing references to Peter Grant - in other words you don't need to read this novella to follow the main Rivers of London arc.

Having said that. I thoroughly enjoyed joining Investigator Tobias Winter as he investigates a series of bizarre murders centring around a vineyard and a group of very ordinary middle-aged men where the deaths appear to have a supernatural influence. Perhaps it helped that I had read the snippet where Tobias was first introduced (free on Ben Aaronovitch's website) just prior to reading this novella.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...