Monday 10 February 2020

Review: California Schemin'

California Schemin' California Schemin' by Hanna Dare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Our young hero has made it to California and the reality TV show Singing Sensation. Feeling like a minnow in a sea of sharks Conor is a bit lost. He's not worldly wise, unlike some of his fellow contestants and he's caught the eye of one of the judges.

Can Conor sort out the users and the fakers?

I loved this book so much, very different from the novella that started this series but Conor managed to be both naive and naturally astute. So often I thought I knew where the plot was taking Conor and yet Hanna Dare deftly confounded my expectations.

Can't wait to read the third installment.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...