Wednesday 12 February 2020

Review: Nine of Wands

Nine of Wands Nine of Wands by Mark Hayden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

And on to the fifth adventure for Conrad Clarke, former RAF pilot, Kings Watch officer, Dragonslayer and all round good guy.

This latest installment involves more goblins, a demon, gold and hyper-inflation. Also Mina is out of prison and finally becoming more than just 'Conrad's girlfriend in gaol'. In fact (and I say this as an accountant myself) Mina is instrumental in uncovering the crime in this novel and pinpointing the source.

What more can I say? I binge-read the series to-date in a few days because it has humour, magick (always with a K), dwarves, dragons, gnomes, a Jewish commander, demons and a group of loveable characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...