Sunday 2 February 2020

Review: Life in a Nowhere Town

Life in a Nowhere Town Life in a Nowhere Town by Hanna Dare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A touching novella to start a new series.

Conor lives a small life, after his mother's death he and his father and sister are barely getting by (can I just say I find it difficult to wrap my head around the fact that a family can be bankrupted by medical bills when in the UK medical treatment is free), he only has two friends at school and he has no idea what to do with his life when he leaves. Life in a small town can be inhibiting, especially if you are a young gay man.

Then Conor gets a chance to audition for the hit reality show Singing Sensation.

While Conor waits to see if he has made the cut he starts a very unusual relationship with the high school bully - what's that all about?

This short novella gave me all the feels, reminding me of how lonely you can feel as a teenager, how bleak your choices can feel and how people aren't always what they seem. Can't wait to read the next book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...