Monday 24 June 2024

Review: The Echoes of Us

The Echoes of Us The Echoes of Us by Emma Steele
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Three and a half stars.

Robbie and Jenn had been an item for several years, then they broke up for eight months. They have just got back together and are on their way home from the hospital where Jenn works as a doctor when they are in a head-on collision with a truck.

When Robbie comes to, he finds himself watching Jenn as a young girl. As he is swept at random through various key moments in her life he begins to suspect that he is somehow seeing 'her life flash before her eyes' and the key to saving her rests with getting her to wake up before its too late. However, as Robbie sees his behaviour through the eyes of a spectator he realises he may not have been the best boyfriend, can he save Jenn and prove that he can be the boyfriend she deserves?

I liked the writing in this but I found it very hard to see why Jenn loved Robbie because he was just so unlikeable and because the flashbacks zoomed around (and I didn't really pay any attention to the years) I didn't really get invested in either character. Frankly I was more invested in Fi and Max or Marty and Hils and their stories.

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: A Very Irish Christmas

A Very Irish Christmas by Debbie Johnson My rating: 4 of 5 stars Three and a half stars. Cassie O'H...