Monday 17 June 2024

Review: Textbook Romance

Textbook Romance Textbook Romance by Kristen Bailey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Three and a half stars.

When Zoe Swift meets Jack Damon at a colleague's wedding she finds him easy to talk to, and kind of flirty considering she's fifteen years older than him. Then in an instant one phone call overturns her happy family life.

A few months later, Jack turns up as a supply teacher at the school where Zoe teaches maths. He's just as easy to talk to, kind, and flirty as she remembers, but now her circumstances are very different, and with two angry, devastated teenagers at home she doesn't have the bandwidth for romance, until two well-meaning friends set them up.

I always enjoy a Kristen Bailey novel, she truly does write rom-coms, in this case there are some dodgy and ambiguous emojis flying around. However, this one doesn't hit the heights of my all-time favourite Can I Give My Husband Back?.

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: A Very Irish Christmas

A Very Irish Christmas by Debbie Johnson My rating: 4 of 5 stars Three and a half stars. Cassie O'H...