Tuesday 6 August 2024

Review: The Rom-Commers

The Rom-Commers The Rom-Commers by Katherine Center
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Aspiring writer Emma Wheeler is beside herself with joy when her ex (now a fancy schmanzy LA agent) asks her to help famous screenwriter Charlie Yates polish up a romantic comedy script. Unfortunately when she arrives, it turns out that she may have been oversold the role, Charlie doesn't know she's coming and he definitely doesn't want her help. Rather ungraciously Charlie agrees to let Emma stay the night in one of his guest bedrooms before flying back to the midwest, where she has been the sole caretaker for her father for the past 10 years after he had an accident while rock-climbing.

Emma and Charlie really are a case of opposites attract, she's a true romantic, knows every rom-com movie off by heart, while he doesn't believe in love ... which is why his rom-com screenplay sucks. Even worse, his rom-com is an update to the all-time classic 'It Happened One Night', just without the romance, or the witty banter, but with added line dancing. Can Emma Obi-Wan Charlie to understand love and romance?

I don't know why, but the title of this book really put me off, so I didn't request an ARC, but waited until it was 99p on Kindle (yeah, I know makes no sense not to request a free book but pay 99p) and I still don't like it. But otherwise I really loved the book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: A Very Irish Christmas

A Very Irish Christmas by Debbie Johnson My rating: 4 of 5 stars Three and a half stars. Cassie O'H...