Wednesday 7 August 2024

Review: & Then They Wed

& Then They Wed & Then They Wed by Riya Iyer
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

DNF at 37%.

Rian Shetty, up-and-coming chef, lives with his grandmother, Nanamma. He has no time for love or romance while he strives for those Michelin stars. Then his Nanamma springs an unwelcome surprise in the form of a houseguest, Dr Aditi Krishnan who has come to the city for a new job and to leave behind her disastrous love life. Despite his protests initially, Rian is soon smitten with Aditi but would it be crass to make a move while she's a guest in his house?

I was enjoying this, and then suddenly Aditi is asking Rian to teach her how to kiss and then they move onto safe words!!! I find the blushing virgin act hard to stomach, there is so much information in books and online these days (and was 40 years ago when I was a teenager) that asking to be taught feels fake. I tried to carry on but it seems like this is going to be a thing so I'm giving up at 37%.

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: A Very Irish Christmas

A Very Irish Christmas by Debbie Johnson My rating: 4 of 5 stars Three and a half stars. Cassie O'H...