Sunday 15 November 2020

Review: A Deception at Thornecrest

A Deception at Thornecrest A Deception at Thornecrest by Ashley Weaver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Amory and Miles Ames are living at their country estate, Thornecrest, in Kent awaiting the birth of their first child. Then a young woman arrives claiming that she is married to Milo and a series of events are put in train, leading to two deaths in the village centred around the village fete.

I do enjoy these mysteries. Having read all of Agatha Christie's novels (I think) I can see the influence, the gathering together of all suspects at an event, the multiple motives, the finale where all the suspects are brought together once more. More than anything however, I enjoy that whilst I couldn't see which of the (very) likeable characters was the murderer, the denouement was very satisfying.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...