Monday 9 November 2020

Review: Six Furlongs

Six Furlongs Six Furlongs by Mark Hayden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Three and a half stars.

Tom Morton and Conrad Clarke team up to investigate the grisly murder of a mage which inevitably brings them into conflict with the magickal world.

I have to be honest I love this series but I am starting to lose track of all the characters, especially since Conrad seems to acquire a new partner in every book. Mark Hayden has foregone the list of characters at the front of this book, something I usually overlook, but this time I could have done with its assistance, especially when some characters seem to have three or four names!

This book is written predominantly from the alternate viewpoints of Conrad and Tom, I get that they are the two key characters but I also couldn't really tell their voices apart which made reading confusing. Also, despite the myriad goings-on this felt like a filler book, one that sets the scene for the upcoming battle. Enjoyable but ultimately leaving me feeling wanting.

I definitely feel I need to reread this series in preparation for the next book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...