Tuesday 10 November 2020

Review: Redemption

Redemption Redemption by Karina Bliss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you haven't read any of the previous books in this series, a brief recap. Zander was the lead singer and front man for one of the world's greatest rock bands, twice. Then his decision to lip-sync at a concert to raise funds for military veterans, to conceal the fact that his voice was failing, caused him to become rock's most loathed man and practically bankrupting himself as a result. While all this was going on, Zander engaged Elizabeth, a military historian, to write a warts-and-all biography of him. When that crashed and burned Elizabeth turned it around and wrote a best-selling memoir called In Bed With A Rock God, somewhere in the middle the egotistical singer and the academic fell in love.

But real life isn't all Happily Ever After, Zander is terrified that Elizabeth will realise that he isn't a very nice person and spends his days reading what he calls relationshit books to try and improve, although TBH most of them end up thrown on the floor in disgust. Meanwhile Elizabeth is thousands of miles away on a book tour, oh, and Zander seems to have picked up a stalker.

I love this series. I laughed (especially at Luther's dry witticism), I cried (view spoiler), there were steamy scenes and cute moppets, and a deranged stalker lest I forget. And who wouldn't want a rock god belting out Hallelujah in the shower?

And guess what? Luther, the ex-special forces bodyguard is getting his own book soon. I can't wait.

I am extremely grateful to Karina Bliss for giving me a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...