Thursday 17 November 2022

Review: The Murder Walk: A totally unputdownable cozy murder mystery

The Murder Walk: A totally unputdownable cozy murder mystery The Murder Walk: A totally unputdownable cozy murder mystery by Alice Castle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Beth's BFF Katie has bought a puppy which has turned out to be a bit of a liability seeing as how it tries to mount any dogs smaller than itself (FYI, my seven month old puppies are barely at that stage so how Katie's new puppy is doing that I don't know). Anyway, Teddy, the puppy, has become persona non grata at Dulwich Park necessitating Katie and Beth to take him to Peckham Rye. Katie lets him off the lead (again, why would you do that with a dog you can't control) and chasing after him Beth comes across a Labrador in a thicket standing guard over a dead body.

The dead body is that of a local renowned artist, while the police investigate his murder Beth agrees to look after his dog Colin. Apparently Colin and his owner were well-known for walking in the Rye of a morning and then in Dulwich Park in the afternoon. Then Beth and Katie find £30,000 in cash stuck in a tree close to where they found the body, are the two things connected?

As noted in my last review, my feeling is that these books are so 'cosy/cozy' that there is very little detecting involved, we read a lot about coffee in chi-chi shops and expensive handbags, and cat hairs then out of thin air Beth solves the crime without (as my maths teacher used to say) showing the workings. It is always as an afterthought that someone asks 'how did you know that X was the murderer' just so we the readers can find out what happened. These are okay but TBH if I didn't have the eighth book sitting on my TBR pile as an ARC and the books are all on Kindle Unlimited I probably wouldn't bother reading any more.

Read on my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...