Wednesday 22 May 2019

Review: HWY 550

HWY 550 HWY 550 by Freya Barker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Special Agent Luna Roosberg might be a pint-sized blonde blue-eyed doll but she's tough as nails. A string of robberies of pharmacies may be linked to a motorcycle club so she agrees to go undercover as the club chief's new girlfriend.

Ouray is the chief of the Arrow's Edge MC, since he took control he has steered the club away from guns and drugs and into legitimate businesses like the boxing club, property rentals and even a yoga studio. He knows Luna is only here for her job but the sparks are definitely flying and at 50 years old he knows to grab hold of what he wants.

I'm not a fan of MC romances and this one skirted the edges for me, I get that Luna had to wear sexy clothes in order to seem authentic as Ouray's latest squeeze but it still grated that a woman has to change her whole appearance to please a man. I also detest the way that favoured women are referred to as a man's 'Old Lady'. But those are my personal gripes about the genre.

Overall, Freya Barker delivers yet another of her trademark slightly angsty, over 40, romances featuring characters who have overcome adversity and a dash of suspense. I just love her novels and no sooner finished this one than I downloaded another. A go-to author for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: A Very Irish Christmas

A Very Irish Christmas by Debbie Johnson My rating: 4 of 5 stars Three and a half stars. Cassie O'H...