Thursday 13 October 2022

Review: An Island Christmas

An Island Christmas An Island Christmas by Jenny Colgan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Time to return to Mure for more cutesy Scottish island whimsy.

Flora and Joel are an item, but then she finds out she is pregnant, will he be happy about the news when returns to Mure or will this be yet another opportunity for him to bemoan his fate and everyone conspiring against him? If you've read the other books, you'll have a pretty good idea.

Sorry if this reads snarky (not really), I had the suspicion that I had read this before but honestly I think the books are a bit rinse and repeat. Every book Joel is distant and throws a strop/forces his wishes on Flora which eventually get overturned, Flora mopes around worried about what he will say and whether he will get bored of her. Saif, the refugee doctor and Lorna the schoolteacher mope around making cow eyes at each other because (i) she teaches his children and (ii) he's technically still married. Oh, and Jan goes around being 'honest' to everyone whether they like it or not!

It was a sweet enough read for 99p, but I think I would have been annoyed if I paid the current price of £4.49.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...