Tuesday 25 October 2022

Review: A Very Merry Bromance

A Very Merry Bromance A Very Merry Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Colton Wheeler (country music star) has a one-night stand with immigration lawyer Gretchen Winthrop at their mutual friends' wedding. He was enthralled but she ghosts him and refuses to return his calls for a year.

Gretchen's family own a hugely successful whisky distillery and are looking for a famous person to be the 'face' of their whisky, when they hear that Gretchen knows Colton, they offer her a seat on their charitable foundation in return for approaching him to take the role. Even though she detests her family, Gretchen can't turn down the opportunity to do some real good for her clients, so she accepts the task. Imagine her surprise when Colton says he'll consider it, if she goes on three dates with him.

Gretchen's family are all about appearances, but nothing of substance, so Christmas to her is just a commercial event, whereas Colton is slightly obsessed by all things Christmas and bought a huge house in Nashville just so that he can host his entire family for the holidays. Can opposites attract?

I'll be honest, the Bromance Book Club has grown very stale to me. It's like a kid who keeps repeating the same joke over and over again until you want to scream. I thought the first book was clever, but the concept has become increasingly ridiculous and now there is this other romance which is interwoven with the story (a book which Colton suggests Gretchen reads), it doesn't go anywhere and just confused me when I picked the book up after a couple of days. I just wish Lyssa Kay would write her romances and ditch the Bromance Book Club, that brand of slapstick comedy leaves me cold.

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...