Friday 21 October 2022

Review: The Quantum Curators and the Missing Codex

The Quantum Curators and the Missing Codex The Quantum Curators and the Missing Codex by Eva St. John
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ho hum, where to start?

(view spoiler)Julius and Neith are set to look for the mysterious codex (Leonardo da Vinci’s original design for the Quantum Stepper), oh and King Arthur has come back looking for Excalibur (which Neith liberated after it was thrown in the lake at the start of book one). Arthur is a minor deity trying to get promoted and he is being egged on by notorious tricksters Loki, Lucifer, and Anansi.

Soon Alpha is divided in two, both sections are tasked with recovering the codex, but is Julius the only one to question the way in which the Quantum Stepper works? Why are the Alphas so resistant to the idea that there might be more than two Earths?

I just feel that the books in this series pivot 90 degrees from each other. The first book was an alternate Earth meets National Treasure. The second book was more about uncovering who in the Alpha society was stealing Beta arts for profit (although it seems as though anyone could have whatever they wanted anyway so I didn't really understand that point). This third book brings in a whole load of gods, goddesses and mythical creatures, a civil war, and more alternate earths.

Overall, I'm liking these books less and less as I continue in the series, in fact I started book four and have left it in my TBR pile.

Reading on Kindle Unlimited.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...