Friday 14 October 2022

Review: An Island Wedding

An Island Wedding An Island Wedding by Jenny Colgan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sadly, this didn't work for me, maybe because I read book 3 only a few days earlier. It all just felt a bit rinse and repeat. Surely this far into their relationship Joel would stop being a baby and thinking only of himself? But no, he wants a very small wedding, FFS they leave on a remote Scottish island how many people does he think there will be, never mind that this will disappoint all their friends and neighbours.

Saif and Lorna are doing the push-me-pull-me AGAIN.

Jan is being surly and annoying again, although this time because her beautiful, perfect little sister wants to get married to her uber-rich boyfriend on Mure.

My overall feeling was that this was essentially the same book as book 3 and book 4 with just another life event, and I know that is simplistic because there are births and deaths and life-changing decisions, but the feel is just that I've read this all before and there's no character development.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...