Tuesday 7 November 2023

Review: The Hourglass Throne

The Hourglass Throne The Hourglass Throne by K.D. Edwards
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

No sooner have Rune and his scooby gang defeated The Hanged Man than a new evil comes to town. A rejuvenation clinic has been attacked and nobody can get in or out, apparently a mysterious client in the Jade treatment room was apparently unhappy that her rejuvenation treatment had no effect and went on the rampage.

The woman, or so it turns out to be, has an old Atlantean accent and seems to possess stronger powers than any of the current Arcana lords. Who is she, what is her plan and how can Rune thwart her? Although TBH I think the title could be a clue :)

This series goes from strength to strength. In each book Rune discovers more about his powers, gathers more people into his fold, and bolsters his House's fortunes, enough to start renovating/rebuilding the Sun compound.

I am absolutely gutted that I am only three days into a fourteen day holiday and there are no more books left to read in this series, although I have downloaded the short stories which will keep me amused for a short time. I'm loving this, the overarching storyline, the character development, the humour.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...