Monday 6 November 2023

Review: Temptation Street

Temptation Street Temptation Street by Shari Low
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Two brothers and their wives, best friends and business partners. Karl and Joe run their family's construction company, Suze has a beauty salon next door to Mel's wedding shop. They meet for dinner every week and the boys go the gym and the pub as a regular thing.

But things haven't been right between Suze and Karl for several months, she's convinced he's having an affair and has hired a honey trap agency to investigate. Meanwhile, Joe and Mel, a more down-to-earth couple, are trying for a baby. But when the results of the honey trap are revealed it tears apart both couples.

Forced to reassess everything they knew about each other and their relationships is there any going back?

Threaded through this story are snippets of rendezvous between an unknown couple, clearly having an affair - but who are they? I have to say, the revelation of who this couple were was a surprise that kind of spoilt the book for me. Yes I never guessed, but it made some of the characters' actions seem strange and left me with the feeling that none of them were actually very nice people, except maybe one.

Read on my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...