Tuesday 14 November 2023

Review: Not My Kind of Hero

Not My Kind of Hero Not My Kind of Hero by Pippa Grant
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Maisey's life imploded when she divorced her cheating husband. Her job as his ditzy assistant on his b-list DIY show ended, and she lost the house to him and his new girlfriend. Added to which, Maisey's mother has been convicted of HOA fraud and sentenced to prison, which meant she missed her uncle's funeral.

Maisey and her daughter Juniper (WTAF were they thinking?) move to the hobby farm that her uncle left her in Hell's Bells Wyoming hoping for a fresh start. Unfortunately their nearest neighbour (and technically tenant) Flint has a chip on his shoulder, doesn't think Maisey should have inherited when she never visited her uncle. Oh, and Flint is also the school principal and the soccer coach - a team that Juniper is desperate to join.

This was pleasant enough, I liked that Flint was the one who had to do a lot of rethinking of his position (normally it is always the woman who turns out to be wrong), but it didn't really have any umph.

Read on my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...